Product Management Anaheim, CA
Etekcity is an e-commerce retailer, IoT company, and family of successful household brands. We wouldn’t be surprised if you have one of our Levoit air purifiers in your living room, or one of our Cosori air fryers en route in an Amazon package. Maybe you’re really techy and you’ve set up several Voltson WiFi outlets at home with our app, VeSync.
Though we’re a young and energetic company, we’ve had tremendous success, and we’re constantly growing our team. As we garner more and more industry attention—just check out our awards from CES Innovation, iF Design, IGA, and Red Dot—we also need driven and talented people to join our team.
That brings us to you, and what you’d receive working here. Our employees are smart and hardworking individuals with great ownership over their projects—they’re confident in their work, yet know how to collaborate with open ears and a spirit of learning. If you’re down-to-earth, approachable, and easy to strike up a conversation with, this might be a great fit for you since work culture is a point of extreme pride and importance to us.
We’re excited to find an innovative product manager to join us. This role best suits someone who is passionate about creating new and expanding product lines in household goods and iOT products categories. This role will deeply involved in determining product requirements, specifications, pricing, and assisting with product marketing strategies. This individual loves to get stakeholders together and achieve the best end product. This individual is natural at problem solving and loves to innovate to gain competitive edge in the industry.
● Set the long-term vision/ideation and optimize business strategy for products
● Define the product strategy and roadmap that fit the business and appeals to consumers
● High-level knowledge of key demographics and innovative perspective on product development
● Conduct deep analysts and discover findings to identify new leads, potential new market opportunity, and new technology trends.
● Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
● Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized and justified features
● Bring new products to market by proposing product requirements and product development programs, analyzing the ROI, and establishing time schedules with engineering and CM
● Shapes marketing communication and strategic positioning around product
● Understand the entirety of product development process and critical milestones
● Deeply involved in initiating and managing the entire product development from ideation to pilot production
● Oversee the product line’s life cycle and anticipate any problems
● Able to use data, feedback, and metrics to bring evidence-ba
● Collaborate with Development team on product enhancements/customer requests
● The key player in formulating and reviewing the accuracy of product materials such as user manual, quick start guide, technical video scripts, process flow charts, product training materials, etc.
● Practice discretion while discussing the production roll-out and maintain confidentiality
● Attend and represent the company at trade shows and local events
● 2+ years of product development experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Consumer Psychology/Social Sciences or related fields
● Mechanical/electrical engineering background or knowledge is a plus
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
● Proficiency with MS Office applications, with advanced skills in MS Excel
● Ability to look at problems from multiple perspectives and formulate a theory before execution
● High level of presentation and interpersonal skills
● Must be highly self-motivated, with a high level of proactiveness and the ability to multitask